There are numerous individuals all over the world concerned with the appearance of their bodies. Many of them have tried dieting, eating a diet of healthy and nutritious foods and establishing a steady exercise routine. Unfortunately, this is often not enough to get rid of stubborn pockets of fat. This is where liposuction becomes important if you want to look your best. This procedure was created for the purpose of removing fat. As time has passed, the surgery has become one of the most popular anywhere on the globe. This is due to a combination of the effectiveness and the benefits. If you are considering having this surgery, you are not alone. Due to the improvements in technology, the procedure is now considered one of the safest ways to get rid of unwanted fat permanently.
It is extremely important to understand the procedure is not intended as a way to lose a great deal of weight or to replace the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. The surgery is intended for individuals who have already unsuccessfully tried to lose weight through diet and exercise. It is just as important to note the industry is a lot more regulated than it was in the past. This means the quality of care is required to be exceptionally high. The surgery has also seen marked improvements over the last few decades. The patient feedback regarding their experiences and results has been virtually all positive. If you have done any research, you most likely discovered numerous heartwarming success stories. This is due to the efficacy of this basically simple procedure.
The basic principle of the surgery involves the insertion of a hollow tube called a cannula into your skin. This enables the surgeon to suction out all of your unwanted pockets of fat. The final result includes improved contours and better health. You should consider the psychological benefits as well as the physical. The chances are excellent once you are rid of the unsightly fat with a more contoured and slimmer body, you will see a significant increase in your level of confidence. This improves many different areas of your life because the way you feel about yourself along with the way you are perceived will change for the better. This positively impacts both your life and your future. Many people consider this surgery an important investment in their future.
If you are interested in removing the weight to achieve the body you desire, you may have found the best solution. The procedure is classified as a cosmetic surgery to remove excess fat. Liposuction is commonly referred to body contouring, lipoplasty and lipo. This is one of the most common plastic surgeries performed. The main reason so many people have had this procedure is to reshape their bodies by removing the fat from areas including the abdomen, hips, thighs, back, buttocks, neck and arms. In a perfect world, this could be accomplished with diet and exercise. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Prior to deciding to have the surgery, it is important to have a consultation with a surgeon. This is important because the surgeon will explain the details of the procedure and answer all of your questions.
Certain individuals make the best candidates for the procedure while others should not have the surgery. The best way to be certain if you are a good candidate is to consult with a surgeon. The best candidates for the procedure include individuals with:
• A good muscle tone
• In good overall health and physical shape
• A smaller amount of excess skin
• Are not obese or overweight
• Fat deposits remaining after exercising
• Individuals who do not smoke
• Good skin elasticity
The procedure is not recommended for individuals with:
• Chronic health issues
• Saggy skin
• Excess weight
• Take medications such as blood thinners
• Individuals who smoke
• A weak immune system
• Have a history of cardiovascular disease, seizures, diabetes, and deep vein thrombosis
There are several different techniques used for liposuction. The commonality among all of them is the use of the cannula. This is the hollow tube to which the vacuum is attached to enable the suction of fat out of the body. The most common technique is called tumescent lipo. A sterile solution is injected by the surgeon into the area targeted for fat removal. The solution contains saline, commonly referred to as salt water in addition to epinephrine and lidocaine. The solution ensures the pockets of fat becomes a lot easier to suction from the body. Ultrasound-assisted lipo ruptures the cell walls surrounding the fat with sound wave energy. The fat is suctioned out once it has been liquefied. SmartLipo produces energy bursts through the use of a laser to liquefy the fat.
The Procedure for Liposuction
The process begins when you arrange a consultation with the surgeon. This is when your goals, options and the benefits of the procedure will be discussed and your questions answered. If you decide to proceed with the surgery, you will be given preparation instructions by the surgeon. This often includes restrictions on alcohol and diet. It is extremely important to tell the surgeon about any allergies in addition to the medications you are taking. Make certain to include herbal supplements and over-the-counter medications. You will most likely be instructed to discontinue using certain medications a few weeks before your surgery including specific painkillers and any blood thinners.
You should be able to return home the same day you have the surgery. If there is a large amount of fat being removed, you may need to spend one night in the hospital. Prior to the procedure, the areas targeted for treatment will be marked on your body. Photographs may be taken for a comparison of before and after your surgery.
You will receive medications to make certain you remain comfortable throughout your surgery. The actual procedure begins when the surgeon makes small and very inconspicuous openings. The openings are used for the insertion of the cannula. Controlled movements are used by the surgeon to loosen the excess fat. Once the fat has been dislodged, it is suctioned from your body. This is accomplished through either a surgical syringe or vacuum attached to the cannula. You will be able to see the improvements in the contours of your body right after the procedure. It may take a little time to view the full results due to some fluid retention from the surgery. The fluids will disappear naturally.
The procedure will permanently remove the fat cells. It is important to note if you start to gain weight after the procedure, your body will produce new fat cells. In most cases they will appear on a different part of your body. The best way to maintain your new contours after the procedure is with regular exercise and by consuming a healthy diet. Your diet should include plenty of fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy, lean protein and whole grains.
The Benefits of Liposuction
The results of the surgery are noticeable immediately. Your appearance will be more contoured and firmer. This will boost your self-esteem and self-confidence. The effects of the procedure are permanent. If you gain weight, the body fat will return. This will not occur in the same area. This procedure has become popular with individuals having had weight loss surgery. This is because removing the pockets of fat left results in a dramatic difference in appearance. Lipo also works well in conjunction with numerous other procedures such as an abdominoplasty. There are a lot of benefits with this procedure including:
• The results of the procedure are mostly immediate. This provides you with the opportunity to enhance the appearance of your body in just one day. The surgery offers you a sexier and improved overall appearance. You can contour your body by having pockets of fat removed from numerous areas including your thighs, buttocks, hips, abdomen, back and neck.
• Once the excess fat has been removed from the problem areas of your body, both the contour and shape of your body will be improved.
• Some men develop a condition called gynecomastia. This causes an increase in fatty breast tissue. The excess tissue can be removed with the lipo procedure.
• Many individuals have used a combination of exercising and diet to lose excess fat. In many instances, this was unable to remove the pockets of fat. The results of lipo are a lot more satisfactory and last for a long time. Your body will maintain the smoother and firmer appearance because your fat tissues have been eliminated. Your results will be permanent provided you maintain your weight.
• Lipo can either completely or partially remove lipomas. This is a type of benign, fatty tumor located in specific parts of the body.
• Liposuction has a positive impact on the well-being of individuals with abnormalities or severe imbalances of their bodies. Even though this surgery will not replace a healthy lifestyle, it can make people feel extremely good about themselves. In addition to improving your appearance, the procedure makes a difference regarding many different issues such as sweating and chaffing.
• When you have lipo, you will lose some weight because of the procedure. This will improve your general health. In most cases, the individual loses as much as ten pounds during the surgery. The surgery is also much less invasive than in the past and is extremely safe for fat removal. The latest techniques have decreased the length of the recovery period. This means you can get back to your regular routine a lot faster.
• This procedure is also used for the treatment of lipodystrophy. The condition causes a disturbance of the fat metabolism. This results is some areas of the body having no fat while others have an overabundance.
• Once the individual has had the procedure, they often develop and maintain an improved lifestyle including eating healthier and exercising. This is because the individual realizes they have to maintain their results.
• After the procedure, the individual almost always becomes much more comfortable with the way they look. This results in an increase in self-confidence, more energy and a greater excitement for life.
Get In Touch with Us for More Information
Currently, lipo is one of the most popular procedures in the United States. If you are interested in liposuction, please feel free to make an appointment with the office of J. Anthony Stephens, MD. At our convenient location in Baton Rouge, our caring and dedicated team of professionals will be pleased to explain this option to you in greater detail and answer any questions you may have. Contact us today to set up your consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!