The aging process can cause wrinkles, sagging skin, and a loss of fat and collagen in the face. As we age, many individuals are bothered by the way they look and turn to plastic surgery to restore their natural beauty. The facelift procedure, or rhytidectomy is a viable option in cosmetic plastic surgery that can turn back the clock on your appearance. Facelift results produce a rejuvenated, younger appearance that lasts for many years. Because every patient is unique, facelift procedures can be altered to fit the needs of each individual. To follow are the three most common options for facelift procedures.
- Also known as a “full” facelift
- Tightens skin throughout entire face, jowls and neck
- Full facelifts include adjusting and repositioning muscles and fat sculpting
- Incisions are placed in inconspicuous areas to diminish the visibility of scarring
- Most often performed on middle-age women that desire minor enhancement
- This procedure generally targets the eye and mouth areas — specifically smile lines
- Results are often soft and natural, and avoid the “surprised” look that some patients fear from a full facelift
- Neck lifts can be combined with facelifts
- A neck lift is similar in surgical goals to a facelift
- Neck lifts concentrate on fat, loose, sagging skin under the chin
- This procedure alone can benefit patients who have lost significant amounts of weight, or are unhappy with the appearance of their neck
Interested in Learning What a Facelift Could do For You? Consult with Dr. Stephens in Baton Rouge
If you would like to learn more about face and neck lift procedures Dr. J. Anthony Stephens offers, please contact his office, located in Baton Rouge, LA, at 225.767.7575. Dr. Stephens has been practicing in Baton Rouge since 1998 and specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. You can also reach us via our online form. We look forward to hearing from you.